Businesses in the digital era are increasingly connected: from data, applications and networks to talent, partners and processes. In this hyper-connected world, businesses can only excel and be successful when they are connected with the digital ecosystem in different dimensions. The rise of digitization is also changing customer expectations and lowering barriers of entry for new competitors. This combination is creating new and intense competition that is rapidly transforming the traditional business landscape. From retail and taxis to banking and hospitality, no business can escape the force of digitization.
In the Asia Perspectives Series, we will explore how:
- enterprises can transform, innovate and succeed in the digital revolution; and
- digital connections can help Asian enterprises boost operational efficiency, accelerate ROI and unleash the potential for growth
Most businesses recognize the inherent benefits of “going digital,” but some are hitting roadblocks in the form of internal cultural resistance and a lack of patience for a return on investment. Business leaders are under increasing pressure to deliver results from digital transformation initiatives quickly.
In this panel discussion, IT executives will share their experiences in developing milestones and demonstrating success.
- Sheila Lam, Editor in Chief, Computerworld Hong Kong
- Henk ten Bos, CIO, FTLife Insurance Company Limited
- Jim Clarke, Director of International Marketing, Products and Pricing, Telstra
- Sidney Hui, Assistant General Manager – Group IT, HKR International Limited