After several years of retrenchment as a result of the global financial turmoil, financial institutions nowadays face an array of chances and challenges. Meanwhile, advanced capabilities are increasingly adopted and these technologies are transforming mature business areas and generating more opportunities for growth. It is the prime time for FSI to adopt the new business models and best practices.
“Themed “Growth, Risk Management and Innovation for FSI through IT”, the 2nd BankTech Executive Summit 2011 – Hong Kong & Singapore aims to accelerate delegate’s understanding of the trends and technologies that are keys to driving growth and managing risk. Designed exclusively for IT executives and decision makers in the Financial Services Industry, this executive roundtable summit series will feature topnotch Industry Keynotes, Executive Insights Panels, Technology Updates, Case Studies and Networking Opportunities
CIO Insights Panel Two: Cloud Computing – Its Pros and Cons to FSI
- How will cloud computing affect your overall IT strategy?
- New dynamic banking infrastructure highly optimized for agility
- Alongside virtualization, energy efficiency, standardization and automation, cloud computing can enable banks to achieve more with less, unlock operational budget for new investment
- Unwarranted caution about cloud computing on security and risk (a significant barrier to the adoption of cloud computing in FSI)
Mr. Egidio Zarella, Senior Partner, Advisory, KPMG
- Mr. August Chan, Head of Information Technology, CASH Group
- Mr. Henk Ten Bos, CIO, Ageas Insurance Company (Asia) Ltd.
- Mr. Michael Leung, Senior VP & CIO, China Construction Bank (Asia)
- Dr. Paul Liu, Manager & Department Head, IT, Chong Hing Bank
- Mr. Richard Lowe, Head of IT Hong Kong, Barclays Capital